The key logo has definitions for shorthand and abbreviations. If you rewatch parts of the game, this can be used as a companion piece.
Offense 1, 15:00, 0-0
- (15:00 – 1st) Blanton Creque kickoff for 65 yds for a touchback, 1st & 10 at CLEM 25
- (14:55 – 1st) Trevor Lawrence pass complete to Tee Higgins for 6 yds to the Clem 31
2nd & 4 at LOU 34
The boundary DBs are playing off so this is an easy pitch and catch that TL can read pre-snap. Also, they blitzed the NB on JS action and if they showed that on film it would make sense why this was the first play of the game. Great throw.
- (14:33 – 1st) Travis Etienne run for 35 yds to the CLEMSON 34 for a 1ST down LOUISVILLE Penalty, Face Mask (15 yards) (15 Yards) to the Lvile 19 for a 1ST down
You wanted the outside zone/stretch play? You got it for 35. GC (starting at RG), GWill, TA, Renfrow all with great blocks. If ARod would’ve gotten a block downfield he would’ve scored.
1st & 10 at LOU 19
- (14:15 – 1st) Trevor Lawrence pass complete to Tee Higgins for 9 yds to the Lvile 10
2nd & 1 at LOU 10
Great job by Tee to come back for the ball. Great throw as well.
- (13:45 – 1st) Travis Etienne run for 10 yds for a TD, (Greg Huegel KICK)
Counter H with GWill and Cervenka leading the way and getting blocks. Hyatt with an awesome combo block where he pretty much got 3 guys.
TL 2, Tee 2, GC 2, GWill 2, TA 1, JF 1, Renfrow 1, ETN 3, MH 2, JS 1
Defense 1, 13:40, 7-0
- (13:45 – 1st) B.T. Potter kickoff for 65 yds , Hassan Hall return for 25 yds to the Lvile 25 1st & 10 at LOU 25
- (13:36 – 1st) Jawon Pass pass incomplete to Micky Crum 2nd & 10 at LOU 25
SZ Swap boot. CF pressures the QB and he doesn’t have the arm to complete it fading away.
- (13:17 – 1st) Jawon Pass pass complete to Tutu Atwell for 3 yds to the Lvile 28 3rd & 7 at LOU 28
Sweet little shovel option pass that caught the DL coming upfield. Dex throws his man to the ground, Tre set the edge and KJ and Muse made the stop to hold it to 3.
- (12:31 – 1st) Jawon Pass sacked by Austin Bryant for a loss of 3 yards to the Lvile 25 4th & 10 at LOU 25
They tried to block AB with a RB on a 3 man rush. Huh? Wow, that is awful. Great coverage by Muse to jump the curl that the QB wanted to throw.
- (12:12 – 1st) Mason King punt for 45 yds , Amari Rodgers returns for no gain to the Clem 30
Denzel 1, CF 1, IS 1, Dex 2, Tre 1, KJ 1, Muse 2, AB 1
Offense 2, 12:12, 7-0
They blitzed the WLB off the edge boundary so there was no one for a backside fill. GC got the combo to seal the MLB. They had wide split safeties.
TA 1, GC 2, JF 1, TF 1
Defense 2, 11:58, 14-0
- (12:02 – 1st) B.T. Potter kickoff for 64 yds , Hassan Hall return for 18 yds to the Lvile 19 1st & 10 at LOU 19
IS with an awesome shed and stop on the return.
- (11:22 – 1st) Hassan Hall run for no gain to the Lvile 19 2nd & 10 at LOU 19
Dex with a punishing shed and stick. Wow.
- (11:04 – 1st) Jawon Pass pass complete to Jaylen Smith for 17 yds to the Lvile 36 for a 1ST down 1st & 10 at LOU 36
We blitz and they drop it off to a shallow crosser that runs away from KJ. We don’t want KJ to be manning up their best WR. Dex pressured the QB. He is unblockable so far.
- (10:34 – 1st) Jawon Pass pass complete to Jaylen Smith for 9 yds to the Lvile 45 2nd & 1 at LOU 45
The SZ play action affected our pass rush and we brought 5.
- (9:51 – 1st) Trey Smith run for 6 yds to the Clem 49 for a 1ST down 1st & 10 at CLEM 49
We send KJ on a blitz and the RB runs outside him. AB didn’t squeeze because the TE released outside him. Petrino with the great play design as usual. We have to get used to all this trickery in our normal reads. Lots to think about.
- (8:48 – 1st) Jawon Pass sacked by Kendall Joseph for a loss of 2 yards to the Lvile 49 2nd & 12 at LOU 49
CF got held, but he and AB both had a shot at him in the pocket before he escaped.
- (8:32 – 1st) Trey Smith run for no gain to the Lvile 49 3rd & 12 at LOU 49
Awesome play by CW to beat his man and snuff this out. Great job by Dex to stone the double team.
- (7:46 – 1st) Jawon Pass pass complete to Devante Peete for 12 yds to the Clem 39 for a 1ST down 1st & 10 at CLEM 39
We rush 2 out of the dime, likely expecting crossers, and we get beat with a deep out wide. KW was the guilty party.
HALFWAY THROUGH THE 1ST QUARTER