HCR Career: 2005-2017
- Active Head Coaches are listed in their school colors. Inactive coaches are listed in black and white.
- “Prog Comp Rank” is the program composite rank. This is the average of 3 separate rankings: The year before the coach was hired, the 7 years prior, and the all time rank. This ranking is used throughout the coach’s tenure to gauge the performance of the team each year under his watch.
- “Avg Prog Rank” is the Average Program Rank of all the years the coach has coached.
- “Recr Rank Inher” is the talent level in the WRC that the coach inherited when he took the job.
- “Avg Recr Rank” is the average WRC rank during the coach’s tenure.
- “Career Score” takes into account Program Movement (up or down), Overachievement Above Recruiting Ranking, Sustainability (Probability that enough talent is left for the next coach to maintain the same level of success), and Relative Program Ranking (how high the program is ranked consistently).
- *an asterisk indicates that the school was on probation for the majority of the coach’s tenure and that coach’s hands were tied so to speak.
- ** two asterisks mean that violations occurred under both the previous coach and the current coach.
- *** three asterisks means that a coach was either convicted of major violations to achieve his results or will likely be convicted of major violations in the near future (I speculate that Hugh Freeze earned this after Laremy Tunsil’s social media documentation and admission).