HCR: 2017 Season
The top 25 coaches for last year are at the top and the bottom 10 coaches for the year are at the bottom.
- Current Head Coaches are listed in their school colors. Coaches that were let go or moved on in the offseason are listed in black and white.
- “Prog Comp Rank” is the program composite rank. This is the average of 3 separate rankings: The year before the coach was hired, the 7 years prior, and the all-time rank. This ranking is used throughout the coach’s tenure at the school to gauge the performance of the team each year under his watch.
- “Prog Rank” is the ranking for 2017 in Elite Teams and Tiers.
- “Recr Rank Inher” is the talent level in the WRC that the coach inherited when he took the job.
- “Recr Rank” is the 2017 WRC rank, or what kind of talent the coach is working with this year.
- “2017 Score” takes into account Program Movement (up or down), Overachievement Above Recruiting Ranking, Sustainability (leaving the cupboard full for the next coach), and Relative Program Ranking (how high the program is ranked).
- *an asterisk indicates that the school was on probation for the majority of the coach’s tenure and that coach’s hands were tied so to speak.
- ** two asterisks mean that violations occurred under both the previous coach and the current coach.
- *** three asterisks means that a coach was either convicted of major violations to achieve his results or will likely be convicted of major violations in the near future (I speculate that Hugh Freeze earned this after Laremy Tunsil’s social media documentation and admission).